Thursday, 22 April 2010

Inbox Zero is the best thing in the whole world ever

I'm into my third week of inbox zero. It. Is. Wonderful.

I've converted my husband, too - he swore it couldn't be done, and now here he is - inbox zeroing like a trooper.

You can read about inbox zero here: www.inboxzero.com. Basically, the idea is to keep your inbox at zero. That's it.

At the mud-map level, here's how I go about it.

All the emails I receive can be divided into one of three types:

1) Things I have to respond to
2) Things someone else has to respond to (and I have to know when they do)
3) Things that are information > no-one has to respond to them

Here's what I do with them:

1) Things I have to respond to, I respond to, then file
2) Things someone else has to respond to, I put a 'star' on (using gmail), then file
3) Things that are information, I read, then file

It takes discipline, but for me at least, it can be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment